Beauty Box #1

After seeing fellow bloggers back in the UK/US receiving a monthly Glossy Box or Boudoir Prive package, a wave of jealously crept in and I went on a huge hunt for a Glossy Box equivalent for Australia.
Low and behold I did stumble across quite a few.  I signed up to two that I thought looked the best and would deliver the best products.  
Today my Beauty Box arrived nice and early and yes I was a little bit excited.




The packaging is compact, simple and nicely presented.  





The contents are as followed:

* Biotherm ~ Aquasource Moisturiser (50ml RRP $59)
* John Frieda ~ Full repair/body shampoo & Conditioner (250ml RRP $15.99)
* Shiseido ~ Sheer matifying compact foundation (13g RRP $66)
* Garnier ~ Body intensive 7 days ( 400ml RRP $6.95)
* Calvin Klein Fragrance ~ CK one shock for him & her ( 50ml, 100ml, 200ml. RRP $49, $59, $79)


When I opened the box I was a little disappointed with the size of the samples.   The shampoo and Biotherm were perfect but no-one wants to receive a sachet of a product or a tiny perfume sample that will provide you with one spray.
Putting them to one side I dove in and opened the Biotherm and Shiseido.  The texture of the Biotherm is smooth but not something you would smother a thick layer of on your face.  However the smell is not the most appealing.  Let just hope it works wonders!




Next was the Shiseido foundation or what I thought looked more like an eyeshadow than a 'reasonable' foundation sample.
The box and compact look nice but when I opened it to take a look at the foundation I was less than impressed.  The sponge was already brown and had looked like it had already been used.  The actual foundation sample is awful.  I'm not entirely sure how they expect you do full test this over a certain length of time with such a small amount.


Look how dirty the sponge is compared to the lovely white lid!


I was/am a little annoyed.  Compared to the size of samples you get in the Glossy Box (etc) in the UK I'm not entirely won over.  I will give the samples a road test and will update in a few days/weeks with how I've got on with them.  I'm also having a massive blonde moment and mentioned earlier that I had signed up for a second sample box but I can't remember the name of the company or find my registration e-mail.  Very frustrating.  When or if I find it i'll let you know......(Ooh I remembered the other one. It's from Lust Have It)

Anyway let's hope for better things in the Novembers beauty box!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...